[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capasitor match

Terry,
In my case I am building my first coil.  I have the primary, 11-1/2 turns
of 1/4" copper tubing spaced on 1/2" centers (about 7" inside and 18"
outside diameter) and the secondary, 4" coil form with 21.2" of 22 AWG
polyamide-imide magnet wire.  My power will come from either a
Franceformer 15KV 30mA or a Johnson Electric 15KV 30mA (or maybe both in
parallel).  I had planned on a MMC rated at 24KV and 0.0112 uF total.  Is
this a good cap design?  Using 45 of your poly caps I figured three
strings of 15 serially connected caps would do it?

Ron