[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Concerned

Hi Ted,

A properly built and well thought out cage will do very well against
everything but magnetic fields which fall off quickly with distance.
However, a quickly strung up roll of wire or something could just act like
an antenna and actually make things much worse.

Bill Wysock's coil at the electronics store is certainly near electronic
devices:

http://www.ttr-dot-com/Fry-coil.htm

However, his cage is well thought out:

http://www.ttr-dot-com/its_model9.html

It is hard to explain to someone how to do all the tricks and good RF
things a great cage needs over E-mail...  Most important thing is to be
sure it has a good RF ground.  Galvanized chicken wire is not exactly the
greatest conductor of RF currents but probably better than nothing.
However, for electrical safety, it will stop arcs from getting to people.
electronic equipment may still need more protection...

Cheers,

	Terry