[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: multiple gap question

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com
>
> Hi Scot,
> Yes, I saw your rig on Terry's file page. Very nice, and the way I see it the
> gap is adjustable simply by adjusting the spacer bolts.

snipperz...

Hi Ralph...

G-10 is fine and the 1/4 -20 is good too  not too sure about the heat
resistance of lexan tho ...   as far as a dado blade ... if you have one
that is 1/8" thin id say ok...  the slots dont need to be much more than
3/16 to 1/4" wide  ( depending on material thickness and slot depth)
when i slotted i used a 1/8" kerf blade and if i missed by a fraction
i simply adjusted the material over enuf to make the slot even compared
to the hole for the screw  ( the hole centered to the slot)

If you have access to a Bridgeport ( overhead mill) then you will be
sitting pretty...

Scot D