[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Damages to Electronic Equipment

> Original Poster: "David Kronstein" <david_kronstein-at-telus-dot-net>

Hi David,

I use to have the same situation (pc above coil). I mounted a wire
mesh above the coil and connected it to RF ground. However, if your
willing to take a chance at loosing your pc, then you might do what
I did. But, if you don't want to chance it, then either move the pc
or the coil. I never killed the pc through all my running, but I
was just lucky. I did unplug the pc, phone lines, etc.. most of the
time, but there were times I forgot to. Also, there may have been
water lines as the bathroom was on the other side of the wall from
the pc, maybe redirecting currents, but with the em fields these
coils generate, I doubt that they would help. Just because I got
away with it, doesn't mean you will. I actually had no place else
to put the pc (or the coil) so I took my chances and tried to
prevent a problem. Now that I'm in a bigger house, my pc is far far
away from the coil. Also, I will "still unplug everything" to the
pc when I begin running my coil at this new house.

Bart