[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pacmakers and Tesla coils = bad??

>   I would venture that what might be a good idea is to contact some
>manufacturers of these devices and inquire as to the specs. They should
>specify the maximum field strength and frequency spectra that they
>warranty safe operation at. If not, then they aren't doing a good
>enegineering / safety design job.

I've been researching this, casually, and there is remarkably little info
published by the mfrs. Since they aren't legally required to test for it
(odd, isn't it), then they don't.  Don't forget that implanted electrical
devices is a field that is ripe for litigation, so what gets tested and
published is very circumscribed by concerns about potential lawsuits down
the road.