[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coil Grounding

Troy, I have just finished winding an 8" x 24" x 22 AWG secondary, and I
think it's a good solid coil, but for a much larger system.  This secondary
is too large for a single 10kV 23mA OBIT supply.  I built a single OBIT coil
as my first tesla project, and it had a 3" x 12" secondary, which was about
right.

My 8" x 24" coil works well from 10.5kV -at- 120mA, but I'm currently upgrading
to a 14kV -at- 180mA supply.  And I feel it could take a lot more input if I
could provide it.

-Adam
adamsmith-at-mediaone-dot-net