[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

spark gap

Search Results for
'http://nature.juara-dot-com/chengas123/sparkgap1.gif'
 No Results Found
  The Google search engine was unable to find any matches for
  'http://nature.juara-dot-com/chengas123/sparkgap1.gif'

Ed, Jim, Terry:

Thanks for the help. A little deburring and rounding of the edges has moved
the sparks off of the cylinder faces. These are factory made sweat couplings.

What we need is a box of copper cylinders shaped like beer kegs from Golden.
Thanks for the glooey suggestion. I'll try it with eight couplings shimmed to
0.030. I want the gap to be adjustable and you have now given  me the idea to
gloo the cylinders to a piece of lexan to slide under and
along a slot cut in a lexan base of suitable size. The piece of sliding lexan
can be drilled and tapped for 6-32 nylon screws to bind the two plastic /
plastic-cylinder pieces together
so the gaps are adjustable. Elegant, even with the gloo. I'll try this both
ways.

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman