[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Initial setting for sync phase angle on an RSG

Hi Nick, All.

I have a question related to this. I too am mid - way through lining up my srsg
and this phase-shifting thingy has me thinking about my current limiting
variac.
Tell me, if I use one variac, (or none for that matter), to set up my srsg to
fire at a particular point on the wave form, and then fire up the coil and vary
the current using my large variac - doesn;t this change the phase of the
waveform coming out of the transformer on it's way to the srsg in relation to
the waveform that the srsg motor in syncing to? (I hope this is making sense
:-))

Best Regards

 Robin in OZ.

p.s. my rsg variac varies voltage at the moment but I too am going to rewire it
to phase shift my rsg motor - just to see what happens.