[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toploads that bite

Hi Ted,

  'Trust Nothing' - Even though I have bleed resistors across each cap (297 of
them) I don't trust them to always do their job! The mmc 'block' is made in
such
a way that I can't see every component, so I just assume that perhaps a
resistor
let go somewhere, take the safe route and discharge with a ground rod. It's
true
that it would be unlikely that EVERY resistor falls over at the same time so I
use a length of my neon sign cable on my earth rod for discharge purposes - and
also have one permanently attached to one post of my mmc with an alligator clip
on the other side which I connect across the cap while grounding with the
ground
rod.
 I wouldn't use switches but thats just my own opinion, again, you can't tell
for sure that the contacts have done their job.

 imho - always assume something may have gone awry with your coil when
approaching it - take the safe route and everyone's happy.

Kindest Regards,

Robin in OZ.