[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Getting Started (was Re: Arcs off the fingers... )

In a message dated 2/10/00 9:09:53 AM Central Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< Hi Robert,
                 My first hint of a Tesla Coil came when I was about 8 and
 read about a 1/2 wave horizontal model in a book on spark coils. It
 was many years before I got around to building one. Much time and
 wire was wasted at that stage in learning about tuning rules. I had no
 idea then that sparks could reach many feet or come out white hot.
 The description in the book was of "purplish sparks about 3 -  4"
 long). The book came from a library and I have no idea who wrote it.

 Regards,
 Malcolm >>

Hi Malcolm,
>From the tone of your note I think I can guess, but I would like to read what
you have concluded from your early attempts at coil building.

Cheers,
Ralph Zekelman