[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Several Questions

<< Original Poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

>What is the "accepted" way to measure spark length to
> a grounded target: when a more or less constant spark
> is maintained, or when the target is occasionally hit
> but the spark wanders away from the target.

> Adam Minchey >>

Adam,

Everyone has there own ideas about this issue.  I like to use
the max spark length with is reached maybe once or twice a
minute.  I find it hard to state an average spark length for my
coils, because I see the spark length vary greatly as I watch it,
My 42" spark TC may reach 38" to 40" often, but only hit 42"
occasionally.  But sometimes I see the sparks shrink to maybe
30" or so, before growing again.  I did not do much work with
various shapes of targets and terminals.  I let my sparks hit
a measuring wire, or any convenient target.

Cheers,
John Freau