[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Spinning Toroids

	Has anyone on the list tried spinning their own toroids?  I have seen them
for sale, were they home-made or commercially made?  The reason why I ask is
this- I received a new Lindsay Publications catalog today in the mail, and
in it are three inexpensive books, telling how to spin your own metal
objects (vases, bowls, and it even mentions terminals for HV use!).  The
books are very inexpensive, ranging from 4.95-9.95.  According to the blurb,
all that is needed is sheetmetal, a lathe, and a few simple tools.  It
sounds simple, and I was curious if anyone has tried it?

-Andy Cleary