[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NST question 30ma or 60ma not sure?

Hi guys & gals,

Late last Wednesday I stopped by my local NST farm and found 2 15KV
units ripe for the picking!  The labels were already pulled off
(warranty stuff) but my contact told me they were 15KV units.  The only
thing he said was wrong were that one insulator on each of the units was
lose. I brought the units home and performed the high voltage terminal
arc check to ground.  Both worked well.  I then checked one high voltage
terminal to the other one (same NST).  This is what got my attention.
With the other 15KV 30ma units I have I can only pull an arc about 1
inch maybe 1.5 inches across the high voltage terminals.  These units I
got Wednesday pulled at least 2.5 inches with out a problem.

Question 1    Could these be 60ma units? Is there a way to check?
Question 2    Can I put silicon around the lose insulators to keep them
from wiggling (technical term) around?

The only downside is I think they are Franceformers :-(  (Hey Terry need
a paperweight).  They look just like my other france.
Note:  I only was working with one NST at a time. I was not ganging them
in any fashion.

Thanks

Neal
NDWhitaker-at-worldnet.att-dot-net