[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Arcs off the fingers and getting killed in the process...

Hi Tero,

	I tried to design a "beginner" coil once but it turned out being just as
dangerous as any other Tesla coil.  That was my 13 inch spark GM HEI coil
thing.  The input cap energy ended up at about 2 Joules and the resonant
frequency was 10kHz.  It is now considered a dangerous coil for experts
only.  The 10kHz output will send you through the ceiling (maybe all the
way to heaven) if it gets you!!

I always get people writing me about how they can make a first coil
especially no in science fair season.  I usually refer them to the kits at:

http://www.amazing1-dot-com/tesla.htm
http://www.amazing1-dot-com/tesla2.htm

These usually fulfill the "kid wanting something fast and cheap for a
science fair" requests...  Information Unlimited has been in this "kids,
Tesla coils, and science fair" business for a very long time so I guess
they have it figured out.  Even I remember getting some of their stuff as a
kid...

Cheers,

	Terry