[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Primary-Secondary spacing

We are building the primary mounts this week and I am wondering the best
spaceing for the Primary in relation to the secondary.

The secondary is wound on a 6" form and is moveable in the Z axis so that we
can adjust coupling.

The primary forms create a .75" gap to the first turn (each side) if the
primary form is almost touching the sec, is this enough?

The primary supports are made from 1/2? UHMW and will be bolted to a 2'dia X
1/2" thick UHMW plate with nylon bolts.

Also:

I have procured some large diameter nylon threaded rod and was wondering if
this would be a good idea.

Drill a hole through the base of the secondary and glue a nylon nut inside.
Thread the nylon rod through the hole and have a small stepper motor on the
bottom of the shaft under the table. Coupleing could be adjusted in realtime
while the system is running and with the operator across the room.

Is this a dumb idea?
Why?

The only problem I can see is the whole phrase "Drill a hole in the bottom
of the secondary" at which point I can hear 200 quiet moans from across the
modem connection :)
It's that one guy out there that is saying...hmmmmm that has me wondering.

Have fun guys!

whos-at-geekgroup-dot-org ? Heck I dunno, whos-at-geekgroup-dot-org ?
Chris Boden, that's who!

Christopher A. Boden Esq.
President / Founder
The Geek Group