[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Syncgap

Hi, Luc!

I have experience with 3 bangs per period sync gap operation, and have
found that in my system, placing the electrodes at 2,4 mS, 6.45 mS, and
8.85 mS produces equal bangs.

This might be a good starting point, however, there is quite a
difference, when  the ballast inductor is changed to another value.

I recommend, that you make the electrodes adjustable relative to time,
and that you use the fixed electrodes for that purpose. The fixed
electrodes are those that are least likely to be cooled, so better
multiply those, it is also easier to do, as you can see at the URL at
the bottom.

I think this would be hard to handle without scope monitoring of the
primary circuit during operation.
The initial values were simulated in Microsim, and they showed up to be
spot on.

The charging pattern is like attempted to show below, and you will see,
that in this case, the cap is discharged at it`s maximum potential,
unlike when the operation is 1 BP 1/2 P or 2 BP 1/2 P. (That`s Breaks
Per 1/2 Period.)

The vertical lines are the ringdown, and it is interesting to see, that
charging of the cap is fastest, right after the voltage peaks, whereas
it is slow, when the voltage ramps up

            Please view in a fixed-width font such as Courier.

             ASCII interpretation of a oscilloscope trace:

          ***************
     *****               *****
   **                         **
 **                             **
*                                 *
------------------------------------*-------------------------------------
                                    *                                 *
                                     **                             **
                                       **                         **
                                         *****               *****
                                              ***************

     ***           *****      *         *                 *      *
   **  *      *****    *      *         *                 *     **
 **    *     *         *      *         *                 *    * *
*
*      *    *          *      *         *                 *   *  *
**
       *   *           *      *         *                 *  *   *   **
       *  *            *      *         *                 * *    *  *
       * *             *      *         *                 **     ***
-------**--------------*------*---------*-----------------*------*--------
       *               **     **        **                *      *

You can see my gap at:

http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/tesla/tesla.htm

Cheers, Finn Hammer