[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Arcs off the fingers and getting killed in the process...

Hi all,

  I must agree strongly with Dan here! I made my living as a machinist
for over ten years and I have seen some ugly accidents. Gloves are fine
for lifting a sharp and/or heavy workpiece but the gloves come off
before you ever touch a power switch or approach a moving piece of
machinery.
  One additional note: many of us who wear glasses tend to think that
our eyes are adequately protected. Your glasses should have side shields
and have "Z87" stamped on them somewhere, this indicates that the frames
and lenses are safety rated, at least in the U.S. If not you should have
goggles designed to fit over glasses whenever you work in the shop.

             Safe coiling,

             Phil Heslin