[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Arcs off the fingers and getting killed in the process...

Snipperzzz...

> So how do we try to convince people that Tesla coils can kill very easily
> in this new world...  And how do we convince them that those old pictures
> of people arcing things of their fingers is really dangerous when it looks
> like so much fun...
>
>         Terry

Hi Terry..

I suppose we keep doing what yall did before    as yall did for me ...

Warn and rewarn about the dangers of hi voltage ...  when i first came
here i must have been told at least 50 times by various people to be
careful ...  and i have been  ( im still here ;)   )    and yes I also
am one of those people who went almost immediately into hi powered end
i did do a NST 4" coil (15KV/120mA )  but my next one was an 8" Piggie
since then ive made a few others inbetween ( 5&7")

the only shock i have recieved that caught my attention was from my
secondary that was sitting on the counter ( not even attached to the
system)   i believe it was a static charge but still  it zapped me quite
well...

but that doesnt mean i never let my gaurd down   i always unplug the
system from the source before adjustments  and the caps are always
discharged    i use a double clipped wire ( jumper wire) on the caps to
keep them drained while adjusting the system....

electricity is awesome  its beautiful   is astounding    and so are
pirahana  but im not gonna put my hand in the tank...

Scot D