[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Control panel

Hi Jason,
 Regarding the PBNO( push button normally open), I think
this is a remote. Yeah, use a remote, but you probably
should use a relay to do the switching. Use one with a 12
volt ,or so, AC coil. This will isolate YOU from the AC
power and put less load on the switch, as you will be
switching 12 volts instead of 120. Its generally not good
to run line voltage(and current) down a remote control
line of any sort. With 12 volts you use skinny wire for
the remote and keep the hefty wire in the main AC
circuit.
 Solid state relays are also good but you should use the
dual SCR type for this application. Add a 100 ohm 1/2
watt resistor and an .01uf 200 v cap in series across the
output term of the solid state relay to prevent false
triggering. Put a .01 uf cap across the control terms as
well.
Good luck!
Allen Cart