[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Coil Electrical Fields - was Dangers of running 2

> Original Poster: "John H. Couture" <COUTUREJH-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
>

>   Russ -
>
>   With reference to my post on electrical fields near a Tesla coil do you
> think the Faraday magnetic field from Brian's coil could be inducing
> currents in your coil and charging your capacitor? Your coil and Brian's
> would be a good test for the presence of this field. Radio engineers would
> say that it was the electromagnetic field that induced the charge. But is
> this correct? According to Terman the Faraday induction field near the
> antenna is stronger than the electromagnetic field but would drop off much
> faster.
>
>   The only way to properly test for the Faraday magnetic field would be with
> a gauss meter that could detect an RF frequency magnetic field and also be
> shielded from the electromagnetic field. I have not heard of anyone who has
> ever done this.
>
>   What input power was used?  I would be interested in more details on the
> setup, like what was the closest your primary coil came to Brian's? Part of
> Faraday's discovery was that a changing current in one wire could produce a
> changing current in an adjacent parallel wire.
>
>   John Couture

<snip>

I am no longer able to make meaningful measurements in my garage
unless I remove all the resonators hanging around in there. I've seen
all sorts of excitations going on while doing simple coupling and
sshot measurements on a setup. Moving the scope probe near the other
coils shows beat envelopes from most of them, earthed or not.

Malcolm