[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: re Mineral Spirits (water conductivity)

Jim:
Are you certain of this? That D.I. Water will actually conduct enough to
be a problem? The fact that the water will attack and ionize any metal to
become conductive being put aside, I thought DI water had resistances on the
order of megaohms?
Methinks the problem is that the water refuses to remain DI. We deal with
this all the time on our synchrotron and related beam transport systems.
We use DI water to cool our buss lines,power supplies and magnets - the
water
ciruculates in the windings - but it takes constant work to keep it that
way,
and our resin modules are treated as toxic waste (Lots of dissolved copper
from
the buss bars.) This is DC at low V (usually under 50) but high I (on the
order of 2500A) Perhaps this is why we get away with it..
Just a comment from the peanut gallery.

Michael Baumann
Coiler, Homebrewer, Nerd. mycroft-at-access1-dot-net