Re: Warning about Magnetek(sp?) Jefferson NST's and a depotting question.

In a message dated 12/29/00 1:41:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> > One of the secondaries of the tranny was arching to the case that was MUCH
>  > LESS THAN AN EIGHTH OF AN INCH AWAY!!

Garry,

I wonder if this 1/8" spacing is common in the Jeffersons?
If so, One could simply cut away the metal of the case, at four
places on each side of the case, so the secondaries would have
nothing to arc to.  There would be no need to de-pot or open
the transformers, once it is known exactly where to make the
cuts, based on the position of the secondaries, etc.  Of course
if a larger area is cut away than needed, that would be fine too.

John Freau