RE: insulaters

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

While the various beehive-shaped ceramic insulators that are often used on
top of secondary coils do look very nice, I'm not sure they actually serve
any real purpose.  The top of the coil is at WHV (Wicked High Voltage), and
so is the toroid.  The two need to be connected, nothing is being insulated
from anything else.  If your telephone insulators don't have a bolt that
goes completely through to connect the secondary to the toroid, then you'll
have a problem.  All you really need is the bolt - the porcelain serves no
purpose in this application.

Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA

Original poster: "Corey May by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<cbmay-at-home-dot-com>

Hello again, I was wondering if a porcelin insulator off a telephone line
would
be a good toroid support. They stand about 2 inches of the ground and are
about
2 inches wide? I was thinging of mounting them on top of my endcaps on the
secondary is this a good idea or not?

Thanks Corey