NST Protection Question [and story] + Australian Coilers?

Original poster: "Simon Yorkston by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <quantumx-at-ozemail-dot-com.au>

Hi all.
I'm remaking my protection unit, to give it a bit more space, and to get
rid of the power resistors in place of ceramic ones.

There's a bit of a story involved with one of my efforts to get the ceramic
100W resistors required. On one of my visits to an electronics store, I
asked the bloke [a young fellow] for the resistors, or information where to
get them. He looked at me strangely, and went out the back. After some
hushed conversation, an older bloke came out and said, "What in God's name
do you want 100W resistors for?".. So I told him. He then proceeded to tell
me how much power the resistors would drain, and told me it would be more
efficient hooking up my younger brother to the coil instead :)

Yes, there is a point to all of this. I started wondering; how much power
is actually drained, and therefore, how much is performance dampened? The
circuit is rated up to 15kV -at- 240mA, so if I am using a 30mA 15kV tranny,
can I get away with smaller rated resistors?

And finally, where the heck do I get them? [in Australia] :) I have been
playing musical resistors for a week now, and no-one knows where I can get
such resistors in ceramic form...

Thanks very much,

:: Simon Yorkston
:  Sole Proprietor of Liquid WebDesign