Re: AMRAD Spark Gaps

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<ludev-at-videotron.ca>

> Hi Ducan
>
> I make a fast search on the web and found : silicon rubber O-ring can stand
> 500° F some 600°F , Viton
> are good for 16 hours at 600°F.
>
> Luc Benard

	I have considered Viton here, both in sheet form and as O rings.
Haven't pursued it further yet because the gaps need to be very
accurately spaced and perfectly parallel to each other.  I worry that an
elastic washer couldn't maintain both criteria.  A suitable flat
washer/spacer with an O ring seal OUTSIDE for a pressure seal would
probably work just fine.  Still need the hard spacer, but in that case
it wouldn't have to make a perfect seal.

Ed