acmi error found?

Hi All,

I went back and measured the inductance of my primary with the secondary in
the various positions.  It changes!  (ok, I knew it would from past
experience ;-))  It appears as the secondary nears the primary coil, the
primary inductance drops by about 3.66%.  I plugged the measured values
plus the measured value of my secondary (does not make much difference)
into my spread sheet at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/TerryVSacmi2.gif

The drift is gone compared to:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/TerryVSacmi.gif

Apparently there is something about the secondary that is decreasing the
primary inductance.  I don't know what...  Perhaps the rising capacitance
is cancelling a bit of the inductance??

The "Reading (Hz)" is the frequency of the primary resonated with a 100.3nF
cap.  The repeatability is within 0.1% and the absolute accuracy should be
within 0.3%.  Needless to say, I was really carful and used a bunch of
tricks to try and get this measurement to be accurate.  It is not easy...

It looks like acmi has about -1.0% error assuming I messed up position 4
originally which this would indicate I most certainly did (starting to
trust the program more than me now ;-))

Cheers,

	Terry