Re: AMRAD Spark Gaps

Original poster: "bob golding by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>

Hi Terry, all,
    Thanks for the picture, I now understand the basic design. I  was
wondering why the thing needs to
be adjustable in the first place. The adjustment could be made with taps on
the plates in the same way
as we do it on our RQTCBOR gaps. If it was done that way the gasket could
be made from say G10/FRG4
pcb material with the copper etched off, and just a thin layer of  RTV
between the plates. One  would
have to be careful what one used as the gasket seal to make sure you are
not trapping explosive fumes
inside the gap.You woudn't want it to  explode the first time it was fired
up. Might be a good project
for the hydroforming idea. Start small before goingf on to the big toriod.

cheers
bob golding

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Oxandale, Terry by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Toxandale-at-SPP-dot-org>