Re: Phase adjust

Hi Ed,

My 1/4 HP motor needs like 100uF so I would guess that you need a lot more
capacitance.

Each 10uF of capacitance will draw about 1/2 amp at 120VAC.  So for a 10uF
cap you would need a 5 amp fuse (maybe a bit more).  In your case, the fuse
was right so the thing was probably saturating.

Perhaps someone has a 1/3 HP motor like yours who has the value which seems
to be pretty critical.  John also had a list of motors and caps to go with
them (I think).  If not we should start one.

Cheers,

	Terry