Re: Coupling - ACMI trend

Hi Bart and Paul,

I would like to point out two things.

First there is an error I just saw in the paper.  The secondary is 10.25 inches
in diameter and not 10 inches in diameter.  That will make a difference in this
case.

Second, I don't thing the "err%" column is valid.  With the measurements
loosing so much precision as they get smaller.  A tiny measurement error could
make a big difference in the err% number.  I would think a simple delta would
be better:

> inch   acmi    Terry     delta
>  0    0.199    0.207     -0.006
>  1    0.171    0.175     -0.004
>  2    0.147    0.148     -0.001
>  3    0.126    0.124     0.002
>  4    0.108    0.105     0.003
>  5    0.093    0.089     0.004
>  6    0.080    0.076     0.004
>  7    0.070    0.065     0.005
>  8    0.061    0.056     0.005
>  9    0.053    0.049     0.004
> 10    0.047    0.042     0.005
> 11    0.041    0.037     0.004
> 12    0.036    0.032     0.004
> 13    0.032    0.029     0.003
> 14    0.029    0.026     0.003
> 15    0.026    0.023     0.003

 From this, the error looks constant and measuring coupling to the thousandths
is sort of wishful thinking ;-))  Perhaps the diameter correction will bring
these numbers in closer.

Also to clarify the primary dimensions:

The primary starts at 12.0 inches diameter.  I has a 3/8 inch (0.375) pitch and
has 19.6 turns total of which 15.125 are used so the outside diameter is 23.34
inches.  Of course, spirals really don't have a "diameter".  So the beginning
has a radius of 6.0 inches and the 15.125th turn point has a radius of 11.67.
I take all those from the center of the spiral to the center of the 1/4 inch
tubing.

Cheers,

        Terry