Re: 155 KV 100 MA Rectifiers & AC Meters

Original poster: "Dr. Duncan Cadd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <dunckx-at-freeuk-dot-com>

Subject: Re: 155 KV 100 MA Rectifiers & AC Meters

Hi Bob et al!

>Original poster: "bob golding by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>

>Hi Duncan.
> How does the sparking make it operate? Unless I have got
it wrong I
>can't see that it would make any difference whether it
sparks or not

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

Apologies for the ambiguity.  It doesn't *need* to spark in
order to operate, it's just that the commutator used in
these thingies is a non-contact variety, so that it just so
happens that it *does* spark.  Again apologies for referring
to a non-extant web page (but I'm getting there, and the
holiday will hopefully provide time for its completion, says
he hopefully) but when it's up I'll post the photo.
Obviously with a quarter of a million volts behind it,
getting a spark across the non-contacting contacts (if you
get me) is not a problem.

The photo is around 12k as a jpeg.  Shout if you want a
preview (i.e. if you don't share my optimism for getting the
webpage running 'real soon now' ;-)

Dunckx