Capacitors

Original poster: "Paul Marshall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <klugmann-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I have succesfully operated my coil now for three years. I power it with 7.5
Kw. Thats 15 kV at 500 ma. My caps are simple. Everyone said they wouldn't
work or if they did would not last. They are made from .060" thick poly
single sheet. The plates are 8 x 12". The effective area is 77 sqin. It only
took me 3.5 Hrs to make it. There 48 plates, in each cap. I have made 4 of
these. In the tank circuit There two in parallel and two parallel sets in
series. Total capacitance .026 uF. You will only need 1/4 of this. The cores
were placed in tupperware containers and filled with oil. To release trapped
air I use a 2300 v Micro wave transformer and ran the caps for 35 or 40
minutes. About an hour later I ran them at 7500 v. for an hour. After this I
placed them in service. No flash over no failures.(Three years of service)
My guess is that they would survive even at 30 Kv. Very simple to make and
almost indestructable.

PS: I hope this helps.

If you have any questions just contact me by e-mail.

Paul M