Re: More Coupling...

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Eng.Sun-dot-com>

Paul, Bart, Terry, etc,
                       I'ld like to some day (maybe over xmas vacation)
take some K measurements for you guys. I've got helical, and conical-spiral
primaries, and am about to make a flat-spiral too.

What I'ld really like to know though, is how K relates to racing sparks
(cross winding sparks on the secondary). I guess it would be important
to know what else racing sparks depend on also...

Like everyone else I've had to at times raise my secondary. It would be
nice to know what K would eliminate the inter-winding sparks on my sec,
and then I could make my primary have a large enough avg diam to get that
low of a K.

What bothers me at the moment is all I've heard is "smaller K required for
the smaller TCs", but no explanation of why -  I'ld like to know why K=0.1
is right (or is it?) for my 3.5x11" coil and K=0.3 might be OK for a really
larg coil, and if those numbers can be computed from some known dimensions
and physical properties.

-Pete Lawrence.