Re: Quick toriod question...

Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

if you burnish the tape, it squishes the adhesive out and gets some metal
to metal contact.  I suspect that after a bit of use, too, the small arcs
between layers will destroy the insulating effectiveness of the glue.

I note that for EMI shielding, they have two kinds of copper foil tape.
There is a smooth kind, with a conductive adhesive, and an embossed kind
(with a crosshatch pattern in it) with an insulating adhesive. The idea
being that the embossed edges poke through the glue??