From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2000 11:28 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Interesting residual charge

Original poster: "Christopher Telford by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <christophertelford-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello All,

I know the topic of residual charges in the coils
ended a while back, but i have had an interesting
experience today. Me and my friend john where
experimenting (ok, playing) with my tesla coil. He was
standing on the insulated plastic box taking arcs to a
metal object in his hand whilst i manned the switch. I
know this is a bit of a stupid thing to do, but it is
only a low powered coil with a 450W input. After i
switched the coil off, i reached up to take the metal
object from his hand and got a shock from it. Is this
normal? The AC from the coil should not leave a
changre like this. My coil is a very normal spark gap
style thing.
If anyone has any thoughts on this i would be
interested to hear them.
Oh, yeah, and we got several shocks from the
secondaries when we were packing them away.

Thanks,

Chris Telford