Re: Coupling coeff. vs Voltage gain (was Re: Who needs a quenching gap ?)

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: Marco Denicolai <Marco.Denicolai-at-tellabs.fi>

> >The paper is readable. Do you have at hand the reference [5]?

> Sadly not. If you are able to get it, please, let me have a copy.

A copy of the paper:
"Greater voltage gain for Tesla-tansformer accelerators",
by J. L  Reed, Review of Scientific Instruments, 59 (10), Oct. 1988,
pp. 2300,
is at:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/theory
There is a pcx version (ugly) and a better, and much smaller,
djv version (get the decoder at www.djvu-dot-com).

The subject is the idea of getting higher gain for a Tesla
coil -with given fixed inductances- by detuning it by increasing
the primary capacitance. Only the fastest mode is considered.

Note the references to papers from 1895 and 1904 in the Annalen
der Physik. Do someone have these?

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz