Re: 155 KV 100 MA Rectifiers & AC Meters

Original poster: "Dr. Duncan Cadd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <dunckx-at-freeuk-dot-com>

Subject: Re: 155 KV 100 MA Rectifiers & AC Meters

Hi again John!

>Actually, I never ran a coil with it.  But I did hook it to an NST.  I didn't
>like the look of the sparking at the brushes, etc, so I modified the
>unit and turned it into a 120 bps sync gap.
>
>JOhn FReau

Ahhhhhhhh.  But the beastie I was thinking of has no 'brushes' as such -
leastways not ones which physically contact the commutator - and it's meant to
spark between the contacts, that's how it operates.  I must get on with the
webpage, I've done a bit more on it today and when it's up you'll be able
to see
a photo of the thing I'm on about.

However, the web keeps getting interrupted by other pressing "needs".
Conflicting with my web activities is the coupling link coil for my 50 ohm low
impedance magnifier experiment which ought to be up and firing (or not, if it
doesn't work) in the next day or so.  RG213U rules OK.  After I've read today's
posts I'm going to wind that coil :-)

Dunckx