Re: High frequency primary

Original poster: "Kevin Ottalini by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ottalini-at-mindspring-dot-com>

Matt:
	You would need to rectify these and run DC, especially if
you want to run several in parallel.  It would be very tricky
to get them all oscillating in phase (not impossible, but
a lot of work).

The good news is that at these frequencies you can easily run
doublers efficiently with small value caps (2000pf or so).

One thing here ... it doesn't seem reasonable that these things
run above 100khz ... more likely 20khz to 80khz.

Are these some sort of industrial units? Typical CCFL inverters
are only typically 5ma at 2000v (900v to 1500v RMS).  Most have
a limiter capacitor (around 30pf) on each HV output.  300 watts
for CCFL is pretty extra ordinary.

Best,
	Kevin