RE: JHCTES Ver 2.3 Program (was More Coupling...)

Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>

Bart -

I used the following in the JHCTES Ver 2.3 program.

The inputs -
Pri cap        .06 uf
Pri avg rad  11.60 ins
Pri width     6.60 ins

Sec rad       6.38 ins
Sec turns     1000
Sec TPI       22.0
Bare wire dia   .0400 ins
Sec term      63.00 pf

-----------------------------

The outputs -
Pri ind         108.80 uh
Sec ind 1000 T   87.60 mh
Mutual induc    470.17 uh
K factor           .163
Pri turns        11.56

The K factor of .163 is for the secondary at zero elevation above the
primary. This is the optimum position for the secondary in a Classical Tesla
coil.

It should be noted that calculated and measured K factors can have errors of
+/- 10% or more because of inaccurate input parameters. This means that
several measurements should be made for all parameters to reduce the errors
to a minimum.

You may want to try my new web site (not complete)

      http://home.att-dot-net/~couturejh

The JHCTES Ver 3.1 can now be Winzip downloaded. The JHCTES Ver 3.2 can be
run on line. These are condensed versions of the JHCTES program. Press
"Calculate" to see all outputs. I am upgrading the JHCTES program to a Ver
4.0 due last June and should be ready soon. This program will feature
automatic tuning and energy balance, a type of program that is not presently
available anywhere.

John Couture