Tesla Video...

Hi All,

	I got my Tesla Master of lightening tape today.  It was actually quite
good.  Sort of fast paced and flashy to keep the attention of kids and
such.  Most of the facts were pretty good but they did repeat the 100's of
foot arcs and some of the other more disputed (IMHO) claims about the
Colorado Springs experiments. But nothing too terrible.  Margaret Cheny and
Leyland Anderson were in it and much or the work from their books was in it
(including some of their "views" which "I" would question)...  Lots of nice
pictures and information in it.  They told much of his life in sort of a
biographical format as accurately as is known.

They got into the Tesla vs. Edison thing pretty heavily but it was well
presented.  They went over many of the world's fair stuff which was pretty
interesting.  They showed the electrocuted elephant clip of Edison's which
personally didn't phase the leather skinned Tesla list moderator, but some
may not like that stuff.

The last 15 minutes was kind of a mess as they got into death rays, FBI,
star wars, and all that.  Lots of talk but no facts.  Only a few odd
government clips of official looking people blowing fuses or something.
"I" would have left that last 15 minutes on the cutting room floor or cut
in for a PBS pledge break ;-))  It just didn't have any substance.  If your
missing the game, go ahead and change the channel at this point ;-))

Lots and lots of great clips and information in it.  There were a few Tesla
coils but nothing too deep there.  The many many pictures and clips were
very interesting and worthy of very close study.

The book is also very good.  Many familiar pictures in very high detail!
You can almost see the banjo affect in some of the high res pictures.

So it is a must see or read if you like Tesla'a history.  You can't build a
coil from it or barely even know what a Tesla coil is from this video, but
it will be shown for decades to come.

Cheers,

	Terry