Re: First decent light with small disruptive TC

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Hhchicken1-at-aol-dot-com>

Hello again.
I've made a new primary for "Hunk o' Junk" with some thick copper pipe
wrapped around a plastic bin.  Sounds ugly but it doesn't look *too* bad :)
I've added a few more MMC strings and with the primary tapped at 5.6 turns I
get multiple 5" streamers breaking out and 10" arcs to a ground rod.  The
spark gap melted a lot so I've made another, which is blown with a small fan
from a microwave.  The fan isn't very powerful but it makes a lot of
difference to the output! Still powerarcs after a few minutes' running but I
don't plan to run it longer than a couple of minutes anyway.

I'm really pleased with its performance, and I can't wait to show it off at
the next UK Teslathon.

Thanks everybody,
Henry