Re: More Coupling...

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Paul,

Tesla list wrote:

<paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>

> Yes, unfortunately 4cm the wrong way. Thats possibly bad news for
> acmi, although with the primary sitting below the secondary like that
> I have to share Ed Phillips' surprise that the k is so high. The
> predicted k of 0.208 occurs when the primary is 4cm above the start
> of the secondary, a point 8 cm higher up than your given position.
> <snip>
> Your primary is below the start of the secondary, ie a negative 4cm
> p-s, corresponding to a predicted k of 0.149, against your reported
> 0.205, quite a large discrepancy which I'd like to try to resolve.
>
> Bart, could you check that my predicted 80.3 mH and 109 uH for
> secondary and primary respectively match your inductance measurements?

Yep, hopefully you received my "transposition" post. When I sent it, it
arrived back from my
ISP as though it didn't make it to the list, but I just downloaded it
tonight with the rest,
so I guess it made it out there.

Anyway, secondary is 87.6mH (1041 turns closewound) and primary is 107uH
(11.6 turns). The
secondary is a measured value, and the primary is calc'd from the tap. Tell
you what, I'm off
work Monday and should have some time between now and then to make another
measurement. When
I do this, I'll take 1/4" incremental readings from 2" below to 2" above
primary base and
post back to the list.

Take care,
Bart