Re: Rebuilding an OBIT

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

> maybe an explanation on how to calculate the cross sectional area of the
> core would be a
> great help for those trying to get a grip on winding there transformers and
> inductors? is
> it the sum of all the exposed areas in the cross section and to figure core
> mass, is it the
> sum of all iron area in the core?
> thanks.
> marc

	Sorry about that.  No, it's the area of the cross section of the core
on which the winding is placed.  For example, with an E-I core with
winding on center leg, it would be the area of the center bar of the E.

Ed