NST protection

Original poster: "Simon Yorkston by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <quantumx-at-ozemail-dot-com.au>

Hey all.
Well, I'm annoyed. I seperated the NST protection board about 10 cm [ $15
of stripboard] Put it back in its case, and turned it on. Sparks FINALLY
reached the main spark gap, and a massive spark came from nowhere [?] and
blew a hold in the side of a NST protection cap. And, better still, there
are no more caps of that type left in Australia until the 23rd of Janurary.
I can't continue without the cap because it will drop the power rating
below that of the NST. Any Ideas anyone?
This is all beginning to become very, very costly and annyoing.

Thanks,
Simon