Re: MMC corona

Original poster: "Trent Mullins by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <neontrent-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Terry,

Thanks for the experiment.

For the benefit of the rest of you, I recently had some terminal to terminal
arcing on my new MMC.
It can viewed at:  http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MMCInfo/TrentMMC/

There are 3 strings per perfboard.  While using 2 of the 3 strings, I had
arcing inside the box
from brass terminal to terminal.  The arcing was between the 2nd active
string and the 3rd inactive string right along the plexiglas box on the
inside.  Terry thought that maybe a static charge was building up inside the
box.

So,  I grounded the box and have since had NO problems  :-))  The terminal
to terminal distance is 1 5/16".

Thanks again Terry,

Trent Mullins