Re: Help with Terry's NST protection

Hi Simon,

	First and foremost, set the safety gaps properly and leave them there.  If
you go widening them, NST destruction is very likely.  If the safety gap
holds the NST output voltage (nothing else connected to it), then your main
gap needs to be adjusted closer.  Arcing at the saftey gap is almost always
a warning that something else is wrong.  Defeating the safety gap is just
asking for disaster.

I would set the main gap closer,  No one has every blown an NST or cap
doing that.  When everything else gets tuned in, you can go back and adjust
gaps.  But right now, be conservative and avoid blowing anything up.

Cheers,

	Terry