OBIT Qs

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Eng.Sun-dot-com>

Sue Gaeta,
          a question about the OBIT you are rewinding. Are OBITs single ended
or are they center tapped.

I just found out that (by law???) any NST over 7.5kv is center tapped, and
my set up is currently for a 6-20 single ended NST. I want to try higher
voltages to see how spark varies with power on my "small" coils. I'ld like
to try 6, 7.5, and 9 kv, but I'll go for a 10kv OBIT instead of the 9kv NST
if the OBIT is single ended.

-Pete Lawrence.

(ps, anyone, if OBITs are single ended, where can I get one in California...)