Re: Small TC experiments

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> When it comes to calculating the Nagaoka inductance, I'm fond of
> Lundin's formula, given in
>
>  'A Handbook Formula for the Inductance of a Single Layer Circular
>   Coil',
>  R. Lundin,
>  Proc IEEE, 1985, Volt 73, pp1428-9.
>
> which presents a neat little formula for the inductance which is
> claimed to be equivalent (to 6 figures) to interpolation over the 160
> values of the original Nagaoka tables. I've found Lundin's formula to
> be very reliable and easy to use.

	I was refering to Lundin.  I have checked his values against those I
get from double difference interpolation of Grover's tables, and get
agreement to better than 1 part in 10^5 for all of the cases I have
checked.  Of course, no one can build anything with dimensions known to
such accuracy, so it's "good enough for government work" as are, of
course, Wheeler's formulas and many others.

> Regards,
> --
> Paul Nicholson,
> Manchester, UK.
> --

	I looked up the files on your site and was disappointed to find they
are in C SOURCE code, for which I have no compiler.  I speak pretty good
Basic, can at least get by in Fortran, but have never learned C in any
of its variations.  (That's a project for my retirement, which will be
pretty soon.)  Do you have a compiled version available that will run in
DOS or Windows?

Ed