Re: Spectrum and Harmonics

In a message dated 12/13/00 6:13:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Hello all,
>  I am dropping down to # 32 and increasing my secondary height to 17.25
> inches
>  for a total of 1627 turns.  What is the recommended resonant frequency
range
>  for primary tuning?  With .06uf of primary capacitance, It looks like my
>  secondary will be running at the third harmonic of the primary frequency.
>  Which harmonics are best for large streamers?  Which harmonic do most TC's
> run
>  at? Is #32 ok for a 7.5kv 20 ma NST driven TC?  Will I be able to use this
>  secondary on higher powered TC's? I don't want to build a secondary that I
>  can't grow with.
>  TIA
>  --Green Horn

G H,

You don't want to run at a harmonic, you must run at the fundamental
frequency.  tune the primary to the same frequency as the secondary.
Add as many primary turns as needed to tune properly.  If you want
to increase the power later, then you may want to build a larger coil.

The wire size and coil size you mention is fine for that NST though.

JOhn FReau