Re: Rebuilding an OBIT

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi Ed

May be I make a mistake but the formula I have for the numbers of turns  in
a primary of a
transformer is different.
My formula is:  N = (E · 10^8)/ (4.44·f·A·B), where N=Number of turns;
E=Primary Voltage;
       f=line-frequency; A=core cross-section Area; and, B=max.flux, in
lines. Assuming 60,000
lines of flux...
or N = (k·E)/ A, where k=6.256 when f=60 Hz., or, k=7.507 if f=50 Hz.

My formula could be no good, I never wound a transformer myself but on a 2
square inch cross
section core you have for 110V 55 turns and with the formula I have 344 turn .

Please tell me I'm wrong : It will be less work to wind a transformer !

Luc Benard

P.S. I extracted this formula from a link post last week on the tesla list.
The link is call:
"Roll Your Own Power-Transformers! " I don't remember the URL I just copy
the documentation...

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>