Re: Small TC experiments

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Duke, Ronn (CCI-San Diego CCC) by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Ron.Duke-at-cox-dot-com>

> Pete,
>
> Seems to me that if you have more turns, then you have more inductance, i.e.
> more voltage, given everything else remains the same. This would work up to
> a point until wire resistance (using thinner wire) and inductance reached an
> equilibrium.  Am I wrong?
>
> Ronn

	Yes!  If you keep the winding dimensions the same the inductance goes
up as the square of the number of turns, while the resistance only goes
up as the wire diameter.  Net result is that the Q stays the same.

Ed